Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy Halloween

My friend Leti is a trooper; she tracked down pumpkins. They are hard to find here in Santiago, especially since it is springtime. After following rumors and pumpkin myths all over town, she found bin tucked away in a corner of a big grocery store, aptly named Jumbo.

We finally felt in the Halloween spirit as we carved our jack-o-lanterns.
We roasted the seeds. There were fewer seeds than I'm used to seeing in pumpkins, but they were bigger and tasted more strongly of pumpkin.
I wanted to make traditional jack-o-latern, to give the Chileans a taste of the true spirit of the holiday. Well, sort of. ; ) I accidentally cut off my guy's top teeth so he only has a bottom snaggler. Leti is much more artistic and literally carved a minion!

No comments:

Post a Comment