Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year´s!

I have never been a big one for New Year´s Eve. Too much pressure and hype for my taste. But I do take time to think about how things were for me at this time last year. This time last year was not a good time for me. When I was home for Christmas last year I decided to take action on two things that would help me change my life: getting certified to teach English and yoga.
 
Here I am a year later living in a foreign country and doing both. And I am happy. I am proud of myself.
 
I celebrated last night at a friend of a friend´s house. There were six Cubans, three Chileans, and me. I love Cuban food, especially yucca.
After eating we danced to Cuban YouTube videos. They wanted me to choose a song, so I put on Clean Bandit - Rather Be with subtitles. We sang along and danced.
 
I have two goals for this year. One is to cause myself less suffering by accepting things as they are. The other is to live the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment