Sunday, September 27, 2015

American Brunch

Yester my friend Leti and I went to Cafe Melba in a neighborhood called Las Condes.
It was THAT amazing! The cream with the pancakes tasted like a heavenly cloud. I still can't get over it. The potatoes were just like those at the best American diner. The caramelized onions were sweet and so good I might ask for a side plate of just them next time. Under the sausages were mushrooms and beans. The only thing that would've made this a true American brunch would be if the pancakes were as big as the plate, instead of three medallion-sized ones. Alas, portion control.

On the walk from the metro to the cafe we remarked how different Las Condes is from Providencia, where we both live. Las Condes is newer and has a more industrial feel. In Providencia the buildings are unique and old. Everyone has balconies and many are covered in plants.
I love my neighborhood and couldn't imagine living anywhere else, but as my dad says, "Different strokes for different folks."

No comments:

Post a Comment