Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Dawn

This morning, while drinking a cup of mint tea, I saw the sun rise over the Andes. This was pretty easy to do since the sun doesn't rise here until almost 8. When I leave for my Tues/Thurs morning class, it is pitch dark. It's an odd sensation to go to work in the dark. But then again it is light until about 8 p.m. so I guess that is the trade off. I remember in the depths of December last year leaving work in the dark at 5:30 p.m.

This year Chile opted out of daylight savings. A couple of Chileans have told me they think the government chose the wrong time to stick to and they think they will change it next year.

I just finished dinner at the very Chilean time of 9 p.m. I made a picnic-size potato salad, my first ever. It's pretty good, but I still miss Mom's.

No comments:

Post a Comment