Sunday, August 23, 2015

Museo de Bellas Artes

Today was a gray day. I decided to go to a museum since I won't want to spend my time inside once spring is here. The Museum of Bellas Artes is free on Sundays, so off I went with an emergency chocolate bar in my purse and my comfy hiking shoes on my feet.
The museum is small and manageable. It felt like art for a normal person. I didn't feel overstimulated by art from floor-to-cathedral-ceiling, like at the Met.
Some pieces have an air of the whimsical, like this one. This was in an exhibit showing work from Chilean art students from the 80's and 90's. A docent gave me a guided tour of part of the permanent exhibit. She was really good; she wanted to know what I thought and which pieces called my attention. I shyly answered in my best Spanish and smiled when she liked my ideas.
A flying golden balloon bull graces the great hall because why not?

I walked through a park to get back to the metro, digging into the chocolate bar as I went. This is the view I saw before I went underground:
I'm going to bed early tonight because tomorrow I teach my first English class!

No comments:

Post a Comment