Sunday, August 16, 2015

The Best Way to Get Around

I took a super long walk today. On the way back I brought a street food fried doughnut for 30 cents. On the next corner I smelled warm sugary peanuts and bought some of those too (45 cents) just because I was in a street-snack type of mood. As I walked along, munching, I noticed a lot of bikes. Most people weren't wearing gloves either, which is hardcore b/c it's freezing. There is even cool bike graffiti along the river. It's very low right now--I think because it's winter.
And there is even dun-duh-duh-dun bikeshare! I definitely want to check this out when it's a little warmer, which sounds a little crazy because I biked in D.C. all winter long, but I feel like spring is a time for exploration. In the winter I just want to scurry from one building to the next. But then again the buildings here don't have heat, so the scurrying is probably what does me the most good.
On Sundays the street in front of my Airbnb is closed until 2 p.m. so people can bike, jog, and roller blade on it. This means I had to walk a couple blocks to take a taxi to . . . my new apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment