Monday, August 31, 2015

A Hill with a View

So, three weeks ago I arrived in Santiago and the cold slapped me in face. Now, it's spring, or even summer, weather. Yesterday was a beautiful Sunday. I went to an expat brunch at a French restaurant. Generally, I love meeting people while abroad, expats and nationals, but there was a pushy lady from Rochester who "strongly counsels me against making education my career." And she hates little kids and is appalled at the thought of teaching them. Okaaay.

I met up with my Polish friend, Magda, at brunch. Then we walked to the big hill that is in the middle of the city. It's call Cerro San Cristobal. We decided to take the cable car to the top.

The ride was super steep and rickety and we laughed nervously at ourselves for having chosen the bottom-most car that looks straight down the hill. It's much steeper than it looks in the photo!
This is the city. But wait  . . . 
Here are the mountains. They loom even larger when you are also at a higher elevation. I can't explain the awe they inspire in me.


No comments:

Post a Comment